The Castle Rock Economic Development Council is hard at work supporting existing business and helping you grow. Through our Business Retention & Expansion Program, and partnerships such as the Town, Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Alliance, you’ll find the support you need to reach the next level.

Small Business Assistance

The Business Retention & Expansion Program offers a wealth of expertise including banking, bookkeeping, human resources, marketing, technology, energy and more to take your business to the next level.

Call the EDC at 303.688.7488 if you’d like a BRE representative to come out to your business to talk more about your needs and how we can connect you to the right resources.

The eXcelerate Business Development Program helps Castle Rock businesses flourish in today’s marketplace by helping you gain the knowledge, direction and connections you need to cultivate a successful business.

All services and information are at little or no cost to both start-ups and established businesses in Castle Rock. For more information, go to

Tools for Business

Douglas County Libraries hold an amazing wealth of information in starting new businesses or enhancing an existing enterprise. Whether you are looking for business planning or employee training resources – or everything between – you’ll find what you need at

Finding a Local Business

All businesses licensed in Castle Rock can be found on the Town’s online business directory.

Business Licensing

Prior to opening for business, you must apply for a business and tax license through the Town of Castle Rock. License applications may be obtained at:

Town Hall
100 N. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104

Licenses must be renewed annually, by Dec. 31. The license fee is nominal. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for your license to be approved.

If you have questions regarding your business license, call 303-660-1397.

Commercial Location

If your business is at a commercial location within Town limits, you also must fill out the Castle Rock Police and Fire Department information sheet. This information is very important in an emergency situation. Please return it along with your business and tax license application to the Sales Tax Division, 100 N. Wilcox St. This form is not required for home businesses.

Residential Location

If your business is at a residential location, you must fill out the Castle Rock Home Occupation Agreement form in addition to the Business and Tax License Application.

Business Closure

If you decide to close your business, please fill out the Business Closure Form and send it to the address listed above.

You will need to fill out, sign and return the applicable forms to the Town. These forms may be mailed, faxed or brought in to Town Hall.