Castle Rock’s perfect location and highly skilled and educated workforce make it an ideal location for business.
- Perfectly located between Denver and Colorado Springs
- Easy to attract employees and clients from either city
- 210,188 people make up the Douglas County labor force (2/2023)
- The Castle Rock workforce is around 40,000 (2/2023)
- 86% of all households have at least one wage earner
- 75% of Castle Rock’s population over 16 are in the labor force
- 56% of Castle Rock’s population over 16 has a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 46.2% of Castle Rock residents work in science, technology, engineering or mathematical occupations
Sources: US Bureau of Labor Statistics 2023; US Census Bureau 2021; American Community Survey 2021; Robert Half survey 2023.
- 29.8% of people living in Castle Rock worked from home
- Castle Rock’s highly educated and tech savvy talent is uniquely positioned for hybrid or fully remote work
- 99.98% of Douglas County residents have a computer, and 97.5% subscribe to high-speed broadband internet access
- 87% of US workers want to work hybrid or fully remote
- According to both Monster and Indeed, the number one job search term in 2022 was ‘Work from Home’
- Between the 1st quarter of 2001 and the 4th quarter of 2022, Castle Rock added 12,320 jobs, with the number of jobs growing at a robust 4.2% annually
Job Training Grant Programs
The Colorado First and Existing Industry grants are jointly administered by the Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade (OEDIT) and the Colorado Community College System (CCCS).
Colorado First grants are for companies that are relocating to Colorado or existing companies that are undertaking a major expansion.
Existing Industry grants are designed for Colorado companies that are implementing new technology to remain competitive and keep jobs in Colorado. Approved training is for transferable job skills that support both the company’s economic competitiveness by re-training its workers in new skills, while enhancing the workers’ resumes and long-term employment opportunities.